Thursday, March 01, 2012

By Golly, It's Garter Stitch!

A pretty special baby will be joining us here on earth in early June. My man-friend is becoming an Uncle and so long as 'Ms. Sweater Curse' doesn't have her way with us, I'll be some sort of Aunt... sort of??? Kind of??? Who knows how that works...

Since the moment the news broke, I have had 'baby on the brain' when it comes to my knitting. (This of course, is different than 'baby brain').

The past two weeks at the shop have seen more than a dozen big boxes full of new Spring yarn roll in the door. Thanks to this baby news, I haven't had any delusional ideas that leave me thinking I can whip up sixteen new Spring/Summer tops for myself (which is what happens to me when seasons change and loads of new yarn show up at my door). Instead... baby it is. Baby... I can do- right?

So, baby, I did.





I did some adorable, pure and simple baby garter stitch.

In an adorable little kimono style jacket.




With some sweet little co-ordinating baby sea shell buttons to keep that baby all wrapped up tight.



Pattern- Easy Peasy Baby Jacket in Two Gauges by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas
Yarn- Cascade Luna Paints in shade 9831, 3 skeins (I have more than enough left over to make a little hat with go with)
Needles- 5mm
Size- 12-18 months (the pattern also has the option to make a 6-12 month size. I was just feeling ambitious when I cast on)


I don't even know if I will actually even give this little jacket to the mystery babe. I just want to knit 'baby' these days. So for now, you could say that this little person is my knitting muse.

Thanks baby.


I promise to keep you a very well dressed (and warm!) little person.

1 comments:

ms.tee.kay said...

love it -- it is so very very sweet and it will look uber cute on the new little lamb :)