Wednesday, June 08, 2011

What Yesterday's Title Said

I have had a habit of taking pictures of flowers and plants for quite some time now. (I am told it is a family trait.) When on vacation, I am one of those unapologetic tourists that keeps my camera looped around their wrist (if it was fancier, it would most definitely be looped around my neck) and snaps photos in every direction I turn.

When I see flowers, I get camera happy and click, click, click. Without fail, almost every time I took a picture of another flower, my boyfriend/trusty travel mate would say to me 'Lynn.... What on earth are you going to do with all of these flower photos?' (Remember when I said that he is an incredibly practical guy? This doesn't just apply to his winter accessories.)

So, I told him I was going to share them with you.


Water lilies in Vienna. (I would buy one for the kitchen table every Monday if these were available at my local florist)


Pretty flats of annuals. (This certainly isn't how my local big box displays their cell packs).


Swiss Forget-Me-Nots on the ladder hike.


Stunning bouquets of cut flowers that my travel mate had to talk me out of buying myself daily (he didn't want to get stuck carrying them across the city to various train stations, etc)


Bitsy-bop daisies (or daisy look alikes) peeking out from a chunk of Alp.


A sea of red roses that we can thank the Austrian Imperial Family for.


And some woolen/felted flowers from a housewares shop in Munich (which somehow followed me home to Mary's).

Tomorrow- we knit.

0 comments: