Wednesday, September 14, 2011

His & Hers

Recently my man friend asked me to 'pick up a baby gift' for his cousin in Switzerland who just became a father. I tend to seriously over think tasks as such and obsessed over this gift for days, picking the brains of anyone who had ever had a baby for ideas.

Clothes? They are likely giving away outfits to the Swiss Salvation Army since this is a first grandchild on both sides (and who doesn't love to play dress up with little family members???)

Toys? Ditto.

Books? They speak German.



But baby booties!?!?!? AHA! It's getting chillier over there, so let's keep those little toes warm! (I realize that these might fall under the category 'clothes', but please don't rain on my parade.)

Knitters want to knit for those they love, but knitters also don't always have the time to knit for each and every loved one in their life.

People like that, should consider themselves blessed (and I do!).



But baby booties? There is ALWAYS time for baby booties.



I whipped up a pair of grey ones for the wee Swiss babe out of some yarn that I picked up at the Sock Summit back in July. Realizing that these were soon to be sent off with the UPS man, I felt sad that there wouldn't be any booties to leave at the shop.

So, I knit pink ones.

If this little baby boy ever finds himself with a baby sister, I'll be sure to pay the UPS man another visit with the pink ones in 'toe'. (Did you catch that!?!?!?! I just cracked a 'sock joke'!)


Yarn
Grey- Sophie's Toes Merino Sock
Pink- Shibui Knits Sock in 'blush'
Needles- 2.75mm
Pattern- Churchmouse Wee Ones 'Stay-On Booties in Three Gauges' (we've got copies at the shop if you're wondering)

So there you are little Swiss baby.


Sorry I had no luck finding you a 'Baby's First Fondue Set'.

Booties it is!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love tiny little baby knits! Those booties are wonderful! I especially like that they secure around the ankle!

Anonymous said...

sweet !
helga

Bzllz said...

Do they come in size 12?