Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Growing Garter Stitch

After discovering that my garter stitch is far from perfect, I reminded myself that it's practice that makes better (I'm not going to aim for perfect... no one's perfect!).

So as evidenced in the photo below...




The garter stitch continues to grow.

Aaaaand... have I noticed much improvement over the miles and miles of yarn knit? 

Not in the least.

I have a hunch that this garter stitch rectangle is going to be epic if I hope to see any sort of improvements.



Happy hollyhock season everyone!

6 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't treat hollyhocks like weeds (I love them!). Ours are almost over for the season sadly. That is definitely going to be the most epic square! It almost looks like knitted gold from the photo. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

i salute your garter stitch! (seriously, i'm saluting and clicking my heels)

tk

Anonymous said...

Where can I buy hollyhocks? They are a favourite of mine, originating with my grandmother.
Watch your tension with your garter...each day as you knit, you may knit tighter or looser, depending on YOUR tension!

Kate said...

I love the concept of your garter stitch project.
At the moment I am about 2 inches off finishing my first Mara which is in essence really a garter stitch shawl. And it's driving me mad. I am desperate to finish and move on to something a bit more interesting.
Keep on knitting.

Carla said...

I'm knitting garter stitch too. I'm going on the theory that any and all imperfections will come out in blocking.

Triona said...

The garter stitch project is great! I can totally relate to the idea of having a brain-off project (and I can't imagine my garter stitch would look any better than yours, honestly).