Tuesday, May 03, 2011

She's At It Again

I know that many of you will remember this amazing little gift that was sent to my mother from her aunt in North Bay over the holiday season. In fact, I am positive that many of you remember it, because it hangs proudly in the shop. Plus, I have seen some projects made by you, inspired by this.

Well, you know... it's amazing what happens when you make a fuss about something as much as my Grandma did about this here wreath.

Becaaaause... surprise, surprise!!! Dear Grandma opened up her mailbox one day a week or so ago to find THIS lovely wreath rolled up in there for her front door. (She figures that if anyone in her building has the guts to steal this off her front door, it won't take her long to track them down...)


Too cute! Non?



There's not much to say that I didn't say the last time about these. But, I can repeat myeslf for those that don't know.

The yarn? Sock scraps! We are still more than happy to accept sock yarn scraps from those that have no use for them.

The pattern? There isn't one! That Aunt Helen up in North Bay is just too clever. She whips these up all while being... patternless. Can I get an 'Oooooooooooh'???

How can I get on the list to receive one of these puppies? Just email me all of your love and praise of this wreath with your address at the bottom, and you just never know... the 'Miniature Sweater Wreath Fairy' just might leave you a little surprise in your mailbox.

But... don't hold your breath.



May is here.

So enjoy this ridiculously pretty multi-layered amaryllis that I found on my parent's kitchen counter.

3 comments:

meowmeow2d said...

These are just too cute! Perhaps you could figure out the pattern and write it up and sell it? I'm sure it will sell like hot cakes!

Meghan Chapman said...

i really want one of these, and I really don"t want to knit it myself. Think aunt Helen and I could work something out?

Anonymous said...

You can find some similar patterns on Ravelry under a search for Christmas Ornaments or something like that. I've been looking for one to make my own. I may make a few from my sock scraps and make an exchange for some new scraps?
Heather