Friday, November 25, 2011

Because He Is (Still) A Patient Man

I have happened to notice that the weather outside is getting... a little more frightful, and the fire a little more delightful. Since this is the case, I thought that I would finally once and for all give back the hat and scarf that I so lovingly knit my boyfriend last Christmas (who so lovingly 'lent' it to me for the shop... a year ago!)

Since no yarn shop should be without a mans hat however, I whipped off another one, in other colours, really just for my own personal knitting interest. (It's incredibly difficult to knit the same thing, in the same colour, twice!!! Which makes me wonder how I ever finish a pair of socks!?!?!)



The model? Same guy as last time- my cousin (yeeeah... we're related).

But this time, he's no longer looking for love. (Sorry ladies).



While this brown version of the hat suits my red head-ish cousin quite nicely, I long ago decided that this particular boy will never get another hat from my needles ever again.

Especially since I knit him one when we were about 14 years old (in navy Patons Classic Wool I recall) and not only does he not know where the hat went... he has absolutely no recollection of me ever knitting him a hat.



While he might be all smiles and charm, he has been forever blacklisted from my 'To Knit For' list.
And let me tell you, I take that list very seriously.

Pattern? Churchmouse Yarns and Tea Pressed Rib Hat and Muffler (I added an extra inch to the depth of the hat again to cover up those cold ear lobes).
Yarn? Two balls of beautiful, beautiful Zara.
Needles? 4mm circular and double points.


And now that I have returned the hat and scarf, I can forever say 'good bye' to that blasted acrylic Pittsburg Steelers toque that the dear boyfriend has insisted on wearing... in protest?


HA! Wishful thinking Lynn.

0 comments: