Monday, July 07, 2008

Can I Crochet on this Thing?

You won't stop reading if I do? Will you?
I'm telling you, I don't know what has come over me. I have been crocheting like the world is going to end if I stop. Ugh. I'm "hooked".
Entirely.

You know what this is?
Nope. Not a dozen and a half uncooked burger patties...
It's the beginnings of my crochet.


A pile of delicious granny squares.

What's the plan with all of these you ask?

This.


Only multiplied by about eight.

I just can't help myself.
I really want a huge bedspread that puts delightful thoughts of lasagne in my head as I drift off to sleep at night.
Why not?

The yarn? Estelle Cloud Cotton. (and 'cloud-like' it is!)
Hook size? 5mm.
Fun factor? Too much fun. It has dipped into my knitting time entirely, and I don't resent it one bit.
That's major.

And just to warn you- the crocheting doesn't stop there.
Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cotton blankets are divine, but doesn't it hurt your hands to work with it?
I'll take on your UFOs if you like (but I can't promise to give them back :o)

Anonymous said...

OMG - so pretty when all put together :) LOVE IT! I have a little shawl-y knit crochet thing picture I'm dying to show you to see if we can figure out what's what...

tara

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! I love the colors and the thought of lasagna dreams. :-)

MsTypo said...

Very pretty!! I can't wait to see what you ladies have in stock when i finally get to visit later this month. I'm sensing that a few skeins of that Estelle Cloud Cotton will make into my suitcase. :)

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful!!!
helga

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just came across your blog today, so beautiful.
I'm making a quilt in these colours too, I call it curry quilt. I'm using a lot of orange and yellow & bit of red. I love rich hues in the fall.

Lynn