Friday, November 29, 2013

One Year

On Sunday, November 17th, my husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary. Could someone please tell me where that year went? Whoa.

Flowers courtesy of Blush and Bloom|
Photography by Pear Studios


While we didn't do much in the way of celebrating aside from some burgers from Harvey's on the couch, I did feel the need to nod to one particular aspect of our wedding day.

If you will recall, there were some socks.

 

So it only seemed fit that for our first anniversary, there should be another pair of socks.

Yarn- Two Balls of Estelle "Sock It To Me"
Needles- 2.5 mm, 80 cm Addi Turbos
Is this a "thing" now, you ask? I'm not sure. Because while taking the leap to commit to this lovely man took not a second of hesitation... Agreeing to a plain pair of grey size 12 men's socks every year certainly does.

I assure you that it is no coincidence that this post is twelve days post anniversary... Big grey socks are just such a bore to knit. Even for the man you love.

However, he adores his hand knit socks. And he wears them a lot. Like... he wears them OUT. Those wedding socks of his are absolutely threadbare. Totally beyond repair. (Trust me! I tried!) And while the year certainly did seem to fly by on us, the state of those grey wedding socks would lead me to believe that a lot has happened in this first year of marriage.


It has been an exciting and productive year, even if it does feel like a blur.

I really cannot wait to see what exciting adventures continue to be in store for us...

Cheers!
And how many more pairs of hand knitted socks we wear through.


5 comments:

Monika said...

Happy Anniversary! :o)

Anonymous said...

Dozens and dozens and dozens of pairs. Happy Anniversary to you both!!!

amanda said...

So adorable! And such a great tradition. A friend recently told me of their annual tradition - started for the first 'paper' gift - every year they make a top 10 list of the experiences they shared together throughout that year of marriage.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Happy Anniversary! I find a man who appreciates knit socks is a keeper!

Meghan Chapman said...

happy anniversary!
here's to many more pairs of socks!