Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Clever Me, Not so Clever Cat

Oh wow. I'm back. Apologies for the absence. I've been busy knitting. But now I'm back. With Projects to share.

I gave you a wee sneak preview when I was telling you of various things I was thankful for- and here it is in the full.

A Noro entrelac scarf.
The pattern?
A free one (who doesn't love free?).
And a good one (who doesn't love free and good?).

The pattern is Danica from Knitty.
The yarn is four balls of Noro Kureyon.
The finished result is loooove.



I whipped this baby off in no time because once I got started, I just couldn't stop. It was heavenly-addictive!
And I have a customer to thank for that.
A lovely customer (you know who you are), asked me if I would ever consider teaching a class in entrelac. I agreed enthusiastically before even realizing myself that I had never even tried it. (I have a tendency to get ahead of myself).
Am I ever glad I did though!
What fun!
What a lovely effect!
ESPECIALLY in self-striping yarn.

Doesn't this scarf make me look like such a clever knitter?
I want you to think I spent hours and hours knitting strips and weaving them all together.

OK- that's enough out of me.

Time to go to work.


But I leave you with this little bad man.

Do you know what that is?
Of course you do.

But do you know what it is SUPPOSED to be?


A sweater for my cousin's new baby.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prasie the Lord!
Love it Lynn!
H

Anonymous said...

when's that clever cat getting an entrelac straight jacket?

Love the scarf.
hm

Anonymous said...

Good thing he's so cute! I'm guessing you won't be able to have him visit the store :o)

P.S. The scarf is soooo cool.

MsTypo said...

Awesome scarf!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the scarf, Lynn! I'll be up to check it out soon,
Usha

Meghan Chapman said...

Sister, all I can tell you is to pray that Haaavey never gets as big as Otis and can open dresser drawers to get at your yarn.

That is what I contend with. No place is safe from him, he hunts yarn and then... well you know how sharp his teeth are.

Unknown said...

Ohh scarf -- Harvey is so cute! You need to show off your knitting and have Harvey play with it. Hmm maybe a bad idea! LOL