Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Did Someone Say Granny Square?

Here you go.

I don't know why I have been putting off 'blogging' about this.
I have wanted to toss this baby into some Eucalan first, but let's be real- you don't know whether I have or not, right? Not through your computer monitor- RIGHT?
Let's just pretend I have.
Pretend that it's 'officially' done.


If you have spoken to me at all in the past four months, you will know how much I completely love this thing. That doesn't mean that I wasn't happy to see the final round of 'single crochet' edging behind me, it just means that I loved every double crocheted step of the way. I loved the colour. I loved the rhythm. It's the most addictive addiction I've ever had.

I began this blanket on a trip to a friend's cottage over the Canada Day long weekend, and I just continued on from there until six balls of Noro Kureyon Sock were all gobbled up. Each ball was a different colour and I did my absolute ultimate best not to obsess over which colourway I was going to go for next. I didn't want it to look like I had "over-thunk" it. You know? But when you have six different colour ways of Noro all in one project, I believe that it's likely impossible to make it look "over-thunk".



Anyway, here are the deets.

-6 balls of Noro Kureyon Sock (I have since lost all of the ball bands, although I tried to keep them all contained in a Ziplock bag so that I could report back to you which exact colours I used)
-1 ball of Drops Alpaca (to do a few rounds of single crochet around the edge)
-3 mm crochet hook
-Hours and hours of going around and around in circles- I mean squares.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Anonymous said...

It IS beautiful. How big IS it - hard to tell, though I recognize the fence :o)

Anonymous said...

Lynn, that's gorgeous. I'm often not a fan of crocheting (although it's something I can actually do!!) but I just love this one.
Phyllis

Meghan Chapman said...

It looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn

This is Mercedes writing, Ciara's sister. I've been looking on the net for a pattern similar to this granny square afghan, but can't find anything.... where can I find the pattern you used?