Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Baby Boom

Whoa. I disappeared again there for a bit. Between just general busy-ness and an ill behaved laptop, things got a little hairy there for a while. Looks like I'm back in business however. So let's get caught up. Shall we?

Another (really good) reason for my online absence as of late, are all of the beautiful babes being born these days! Between my mom and I, we know fourteen little ones due over the next two months. Four of those babies arrived over the span of three days a few weeks back. So naturally, I got knitting...


Knitting striped hats for everyone!

And while I know that these are far too large for most newborn babes to wear right now (because sadly... they still need hats in mid-April in Canada it would seem...), I have been calling them their "Back to School" hats. Possibly in September, they will be able to yank this down over their little bald heads and stay warm throughout the chillier months that follow. 

And besides... even if they are too young to go to school, I still believe that everyone is entitled to a new outfit to kick off the fresh school year. 

Wouldn't you agree?


So, striped hats for one and all, using up all of my bits and pieces of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino.

Knitting with this beautiful yarn, in very addictive little stripes has been simply heavenly.


And so are all of the beautiful little people that have just landed here on earth.

Yarn? Odds and ends of some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino.
Needles? 3.25mm double pointed.
Pattern? From the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino Book 2. I love that book... dearly. But I did modify both the socks and the hat so that they are seamless. No one wants a seam in their sock! Come on Debbie!


So on this snowy April day... I leave you with this.

The Flower Shop at Liberty in London

Happy Spring everyone.



1 comments:

Michelle said...

FOURTEEN!?! Holy moly! That's a lot of knitting. :-D The hat/sock sets are really cute, and I bet it's a great way to use some of your scraps!