Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tick, Tock

So, the countdown is on. Three more sleeps until I have a husband. Holy smokes.

Like... REALLY! 
Holy smokes.

With only three days to go, I am under the illusion (more like delusion?) that I am going to finish knitting a bolero out of some beautiful mohair to keep my shoulders warm on what I imagine will be a sunny, but chilly November afternoon. I don't like the idea of being covered in goosebumps in all of my photos! So a bolero should solve that issue.

I only have a sleeve and a half left to go... and then I need to sew it up.

But I can do it- right? Because I don't really have anything else going on over the next few days. (HA!)

It's funny how my wedding is all of a sudden starting to feel like Christmas Eve. You know when the clock continues to tick as you stare down the barrel of all those knitting deadlines you've set for yourself? You've been busy driving across Hell's half acre to get Uncle Donny the perfect tie for under the tree or a box of the best truffles in town. You've been up until the wee hours perfecting this year's batch of Christmas cookies, or getting the piping perfect on your gingerbread house... and somehow (don't ask me how!), the knitting gets put on the back burner.

The only difference here is... an "IOU a knitted bolero for your wedding" doesn't photograph too well.

Thank heavens I at least had the foresight to whip off a wedding themed cowl to keep me cozy.

Yarn- 1 skein of Cascade Magnum
Pattern- My Kind of Town CowlNeedles- 12.75mm


Is it the "Kate-Middleton-on-her-wedding-day" look that I was going for? 

Not really.

But then again, I'm pretty sure that it was ME who my man proposed to six months ago...

Not that Kate Middleton character.


Pfft...Her loss!

Stay warm friends. ♥

11 comments:

ms.tee.kay said...

so pretty, it's perfect! i have a sense wedding cowls will soon be all the rage :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

you go,my girl!
you CAN do it!
sending best wishes and love,
helga

Anonymous said...

It's perfect. And your day will be too! Congratulations, again, to you both.
Jo-Anne

Susan said...

You can do it!!!

Candygirlflies said...

The weather forecast looks like perfection for the Big Day...

You just ENJOY, my dear-- it's going to be a wonderful day!!

Can't wait!!

xoxo CGF

Unknown said...

Good luck getting it done, I'm sure you can! I hope you have a magical day xx

Anonymous said...

You'll have no problem finishing in time because just like Christmas Eve - somehow it all gets done. You'll be beautiful and Kate Middleton really has nothing on you! And besides all of that, adrenaline is a wonderful thing and I assure you - you won't even notice the cold. Wishing you a wonderfully happy wedding day to kick off a wonderfully happy life together! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Good luck and please try to catch your breath tomorrow and actually enjoy the day you and your wonderful hubby to be created for yourselves. I'm sure you will get the bolero finished, but if not, who cares. You will look beautiful anyway. You have a great sunny fall day tomorrow, and can't wait to see the photos.

Best wishes to you both.

Pat T.

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful day for a wedding!!!!!!!

Candygirlflies said...

The weather was perfect, the bolero was finished, and you were GORGEOUS!!

Could NOT have been a more beautiful wedding.

Congratulations, Mrs!!!

xoxo CGF

Unknown said...

So I know it is over 3 days since this post, which means you are married. Just dropping in to say "congratulations Mrs!!"