Thursday, January 20, 2011

When Knitting Attacks

I have been listening to The Knitmore Girls regularly for quite some time now. In this delightful podcast, there is a segment titled 'When Knitting Attacks'.

I must admit to not only enjoying this segment, but actually ADORING it. Not so much becuase I take pleasure in their knitting catastrophes, but because it makes me feel sooooo much better about my own.

Which brings me to this sweater pictured below.

We recieved six boxes of Berroco yarns over at the shop about two weeks ago. As always, I snagged a bag of something I loved (in this case is was Berroco Glint) and instead of returning the bag unused a few days later (which would mean that I hadn't necessarily fallen out of love with the yarn, simply talked some sense into myself), I cast on this sweater in green.


I ploughed through the back in only a number of days and enjoyed every stitch. I decided to take some liberties with the pattern and make some changes to the shaping.

Silly me...

I cast off last night only to discover that I have the back of a sweater that not only covers my back, but wraps around my front as well. (No, I will not post pictures. It makes me too depressed). Maybe I should cut armholes in the sides and make a cardigan? I'm at a loss. Actually... I'm not really. I know exactly what I need to do.

Sigh...


Fortuntely for me, I love the yarn enough that I am going to cast on the front and learn from my mistakes. Then return to the back afterwards. I think it just needs to take a time out for a bit while I deal with it's better half.

And so, I share with you pictures that make the yarn and the pattern pretty, only so that I can come back to this post and remember what I fell in love with in the first place.

Because if I don't do that... this girl will never have a green sparkly sweater. 




Heaven forbid!

2 comments:

Emma said...

LOVES IT! Great colour too.

Meghan Chapman said...

How did you manage that??