Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What Starts as a Store Sample...

Doesn't always end as a store sample...

Hear me out- When the new Knitty showed it's fresh Fall face online, I couldn't resist the lovely pattern by Stephen West called 'Colonnade'. I went so bananas for it in fact that I cast on immediately, tossing aside all other works in progress.
Imagine that!
And after a few gripping episodes of Discovery Channel's 'Deadliest Catch', I had a new store sample. (Note to self- don't ever take up crab fishing. It's not as romantic an idea as you once thought Lynn.)

Hah.
Right.
Store sample?
More like... I had a scarf that I haven't taken off since.

See? That's me at Honest Ed's on a particularly attractive day, posing in front of some GIANT dollah-dollah bills.
(Sadly... that's the only photo of me actually wearing it.)


It likely looks better on it's own anyway. Who doesn't love a scarf that just loves getting in front of the camera?


Work it.




You're beautiful!


Unbelievable.

Look at you spread those wings!

OK.
Enough.
Here are the details you maybe want to know.

Yarn?
Punta Yarns Merisoft.
I used 2 skeins total. One skein of shade number 73 and one skein of shade 60.
Needles?
6 mm
Pattern?
HERE. Man. I love this website.

Lastly- this yarn is indeed good for more than just lovely scarves!

Check out the sweet little mitts Mother Mary made out of it!
They match the scarf.
If you don't see these puppies in the shop, they're likely in my purse.



I think I just scored a matching set.
That's never happened.

In.

My.

Life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

laugh out loud.

great post.

equally as great scarf/mittens/AND PHOTO! waahahaha. Bet all the elvis heads were jealous and wanting such a scarf of their own.

-eBot