Sunday, November 11, 2007

I Knitted a Noro Sweater

It's been a while- I know, but lots has been happening on my knitting needles. Lots. I will start this with post and we shall get reacquainted with all that is knitting in my life.
For this post, you may want to slip on a pair of sunglasses. Don't say I didn't warn you.

So, I have always wanted to knit a giant cabled Noro sweater. Not because I ever thought it would flatter my figure but more just because I thought it would be a riot to make. So, I finally did it. It's huge, it's bright and it's definately not flattering to any figure but I love it. I love how well its shape mimics the era in which I was born. I want some shiny leggings and a scrunchy and I want to dance until my pony tail comes out.

Not to mention, it's cold here. It's getting cold and this country is known for it's coldness. If it's going to be cold, you may as well wear something that doesn't make you feel even more depressed than you already do. This should do the trick.





Yarn? About 18 balls of Noro Silk Garden in colour number 258.
Pattern? From a Noro book which I have since forgotten the number of. (If you really want it just message me and I can dig up the book.)
Needles? 6mm so it was a rather quick knit.
Fun Factor? So much fun it hurts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn, I love it! It's a gorgeous colour and it just reminds me of the pretty fall leaves. I can't wait to see it on you with the leggings, and you're gonna tell me "it's so beautiful it hurts"!
haha!!
Happy knitting. :P Angel

Craftlover said...

A very nice sweater, I love the color too. I am actually knitting a noro scarf as well. Using the Silk garden too. :)But my colors are darker in tone. It's really fun to see the color changes, right?

Cathie said...

Oh my gosh - that sweater is sooo gorgeous. I want one. But 9 skeins of yarn - better get it insured!!!

Cathie said...

18 balls -- correction from the 9 skeins I previously stated. Better take out two policies!!

Monika said...

This is a gorgoues sweater! I wish I had one ready for myself. Can't seem to ge to knit one though.