Monday, June 25, 2007

It's almost like I have forgotten how to knit.

But really... I haven't.
Forgotten that is.
Life has just been passing me by.
I tell you, the month of June FLEW and I am not the only one to think that.
Many have mentioned it to me recently.
I just said goodbye to a dear friend who was visiting for a while here and while it was a fantastic visit completely and all around- she does not knit.
And I didn't get as much knitting done as I would have if she did.
You know what I mean?
We were on the go the whole time doing fun, fun things- just not knitting fun.
But I have managed to get a bit more done in the past few days.
And, I have also managed to get some jam made.
The strawberries and rhubarb were plentiful this year so I gave it a shot.
Why not?
So, here you go.



Jam.

Next post--- knitting.
(And maybe a bit of felting.)

3 comments:

Monika said...

I did wonder what had happened to you! Did you combine strawberries and rhubarb into one yummy jam? Because I just love this combination! Thanks for your comment on Hannah's cardi. I'm just so darn happy that it's DONE! And yes, I have no idea how and why June passed so quickly! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Jam making!! Now there's a creative that I CAN do!

Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Lynn, if you are thinking of making more jams, check out the book "Put a Lid on It!" by Ellie Topp & Margaret Howard. The subtitle is Small-batch Preserving for Every Season. I've been using this book for years.

Highly recommended!

Usha (and siobhan - who enjoys eating jam!)